Third Release of MV4th16 Ver 0.92
With version 0.92 MV4th16 has become a stand alone development environment. MV4th16 no longer supports the use of Parallax spin code after start up, instead all code is now written in MV4th16 forth and Propeller chip assembly language. MV4th16 forth has been reworked to add; better Propeller chip integration, faster compile and execution speed, better use of limited chip global memory, faster base I/O functions, auto run at start up, as well as many changes and bug fixes to the core library. Some of the key changes are listed in the article MV4th16 Version 0.92
Use the following link to download the Third Version of MV4th16 Forth
for the Parallax Propeller chip. The download is a zip file that contains all the source files to build MV4th16 using the Parallax IDE. The project was built using version 1.30 of the Parallax Spin IDE. To build the MV4th16 project;
1) Create a folder under your IDE projects or examples folder.
2) Unzip the contents of the download zip file into the new folder.
3) In the Spin IDE select the new folder in the tree view and select the file MV4thDemo.spin as the Top Object.
4) Build the project then download to your propeller development board (press control F8).
5) Connect a serial terminal and configure it to use the same com port as your Prop Plug.
6) Set the baud rate to 115200, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, and no parity.
7) Reset the propeller chip, after a few seconds the MV4th sign-on message should appear.